Last updated July 3, 2017
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect both “Personal Information” and “Anonymous Information” about our users. Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, email address, and phone number. “Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Service, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
Website visitors can access and browse certain portions of the Website without disclosing Personal Information, although, like most website providers, we passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information and/or unique device identifier (“UDID”). Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Service you can access and use.
a. Voluntarily submitted information
We collect information that you provide to us during your use of the Website and/or Service, such as:
- Personal Information that you enter when subscribing to our newsletter or partaking in our “Ask a Question” option, including your full name and email address.
- Your communications with us through the Service.
- Information that you post on the Website.
b. Information collected via technology
- We may also use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze data from users of the Service. Google Analytics and other services use “cookies” to analyze your use of the Website. This information is used to evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports on Website activities for website operators and to provide other services related to the Website and internet activities. You can prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting the settings of your browser; however, if you do so, you might be unable to use all features of this Website.
2. How We Use Your Information
a. Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Send communications and administrative emails
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Website and Service
- Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information from us
- Provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest
- Improve the quality of the Website and Service and perform internal operations
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and interactions with the Service
b. Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information for the following purposes:
- Improve the Website and Service and customize the user experience, such as by providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of services you seek
- Aggregate the information collected via Cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads and analyze patterns
3. How We Share and Disclose Information
In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described in Section 2 above, we may also share your information as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely, especially with respect to your Personal Information. By becoming a Registered User, you agree to allow us to share the Personal Information you provide to us in the ways described below. Your ability to make changes to the information shared is also described below.
a. Service Providers
b. Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend Company’s, or a third party’s, rights or property.
c. Anonymous information
Aggregated Anonymous Information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties, and, depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for such information, or limit the third parties’ use of the same.
d. Business transactions
4. Your Choices
5. Updating Your Personal Information
You may revise your Personal Information by contacting us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot compel the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
This Website is not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send e-mail correspondence to anyone who advises that they are under the age of 13. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years of age we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our systems and delete the Account. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at: email@example.com so that we may delete and remove such information from our system.
7. Security and Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purpose remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
8. Third Party Websites
9. Social Media
We use a variety of new technologies and social media options to communicate and interact with our users. These sites and applications include popular social networking and media sites. To better engage the public in ongoing dialog, we use several third-party platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others (“Third Party Media”). These Third Party Media web-based technologies are not exclusively operated or controlled by us. When interacting with Company on those Third Party Media websites, you may reveal certain Personal Information to us or to third parties.
11. California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to that individual, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, California residents can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Contact Us